- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually orientated postings are prohibited.
- Members are asked to not act as 'back seat moderators'. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the 'post report' feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly 'act' as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning and/or ban.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will be in violation of this rule.
- Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Getting a TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot restore a backup", etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- Our forums are powered by phpBB, which is a bulletin board solution released under a General Public License (hereinafter “GPL”). The terms of the license can be viewed at http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions. The phpBB Group is not responsible for any content.
- Any information posted on the forum or incluced in a registration will be stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither Tektronix nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromized.
- Content or opinions expressed by users of the Forum are not necessarily those of Tektronix. By using the Forum, you agree that Tektronix is in no way responsible for the actions or comments of other users
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB (6000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed.
- Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Tektronix Forum Team members are allowed additional links to aid in rendering support. Such links may only be to approved material. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not include links in a way which suggests you offer official support, software, etc. for Tektronix. You may not link to warez, porn or political, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Tektronix operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offenses in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they can remove a warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, registering a new email account to evade an email ban. Circumvention includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Tektronix may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
- The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these rules. Tektronix has the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time, and in its discretion.